In the vast ocean of Amazon seller tools, it’s hard to find the ones you really need to manage and scale your Amazon business.
While you can find hundreds of lists of the supposedly best Amazon seller tools, they often don’t include the ones that would be a good fit for you, your products and the stage of growth.
So before you start comparing different Amazon software, you first need to get an overview of the types of tools that are out there, which ones you really need, and what requirements they should meet. Otherwise you run the risk of spending your money on software tools with unnecessarily expensive features, too few features or with an overall poor price-performance-ratio, providing no value for your business.
In this guide, you’ll learn about the most important types of software that every seller can benefit from and how you will find the best tools for your needs.
Which Types of Amazon Seller Tools Exist?
There are many different types of Amazon Seller tools and they all have different features. Let’s have a look on the most common ones:
- Feedback Tools – Feedback tools allow you to send automated messages to your customers after a purchase and encourage them to leave a review. You can also use the software to monitor your reviews and receive notifications when customers have published a product review. This allows you to respond quickly and efficiently to (negative) feedback and increase customer satisfaction.
- Freight Management Tools – Freight management tools allow you to control all shipping activities from a single source. You get real-time quotes, the best and fastest freight routes and you can track the progress of your shipments.
- Inventory Management Tools – One of the worst things that can happen to a seller is running out of stock. However, you should never have too much excess inventory stored at Amazon either, as the storage fees can considerably reduce your margin. To stay on top of your inventory situation, you can use an inventory management tool. They calculate exactly how many units are still in stock and can automatically remind you and/or your fulfillment center to replenish the inventory.
- Keyword Tools – Keyword tools are among the most important Amazon seller tools as you can only optimize your Amazon listings for more conversions if you use the right keywords. With a keyword tool you can find search terms used by your customers in order to find your bestseller product. With most keywords tools, you can also analyze the level of competition for individual keywords. With this knowledge, you can design your listing content in a way that your products achieve the best possible rankings.
- Landing Page Tools – Landing Page tools help you build highly converting landing pages. You can draw traffic to these landing pages to collect leads and customer data.
- Multichannel Management Tools – Multichannel management tools are a useful investment for sellers that sell on multiple marketplaces. These tools integrate data from all your sales channels and provide a comprehensive overview.
- PPC Tools – PPC tools belong to the essential tools that every Amazon seller needs. With the help of PPC software, you can easily set up, manage, and optimize your PPC campaigns.
- Product Research Tools – Before you choose a product to sell on Amazon, you need to analyze its sales potential. Product research tools will help you do that. This kind of Amazon seller software analyzes important metrics such as the amount of competitors, average price, average number of reviews and so on.
- Profit Analytics Tools – As with every other sales channel, it’s important to know your numbers on Amazon as well. Profit analytics tools provide an overview of your sales, costs, storage fees, profit margins and so on.
- Reimbursement Tools – Amazon handles millions of products on a daily basis, so it’s not uncommon for the eCommerce giant to lose sellers’ inventory or accidentally damage or destroy products. This is where reimbursement tools come into play. They will help you save money by automatically analyzing all of your transactions, detecting billing and inventory errors Amazon has made and calculating exactly how much money you can claim back from Amazon.
- Repricing Tools – Repricing tools automatically adjust your prizes so that you have the best chance of winning the buy box. You can set minimum and maximum prices for your products, the tool will then find the best price to win the buy box while you still remain profitable.
- Tax Tools – Tax tools collect your tax data and create accurate reports for you. Use them to keep track of all your tax obligations.
- All-In-One Tools – The name speaks for itself: All-in-one software suites combine all important features a seller may need in one single tool.
3 Good Reasons to Invest in Seller Tools
Amazon Seller Tools Help You Save Time
Think of all the tasks that you’d have to do manually if you didn’t have software.
Checking prices every hour, monitoring your rankings, writing down your customer data in a notebook, calling your warehouse or fulfillment center to check your inventory and so on.
All these tasks cost plenty of time and energy each day – time you could use for other tasks, that bring your business further.
The right software does most of the work automatically for you, so you can invest your time in more important things.
Amazon Seller Tools Help You Save Money
With the right software, you can not only save money, but also actively increase your sales.
At a certain company size you can hardly detect any mistakes Amazon makes in calculating your fees without using seller software.
This is what the reimbursement tools do for you.
Automatic repricing tools on the other hand, they help you to win the buy box and thus, generate more sales.
Reduce Errors Thanks to Amazon Seller Tools
Humans make way more mistakes than software does.
Of course, software tools sometimes have bugs too, but the frequency of errors is very low compared to us.
Let’s take product research as an example. You have an idea for a product and ask your family and some of your friends what they think about the idea. After telling you that they like the idea you decide to go for it so you invest a lot of money in product design, production, shipping and so on. After you’ve already invested thousands of dollars, you realize that no one’s buying your product. Maybe the product has no demand, you didn’t consider seasonality, or the competition is too high in this niche.
Whatever the reason is: With an Amazon seller software to research products and get actual data instead of going only after your gut feeling, that probably wouldn’t have happened to you.
Improve Predictabililty with Amazon Seller Tools
Predictability is an important factor in building a successful business and managing it profitably in the long term. You need to know how much money you will have at your disposal and what costs you will incur to make the right investment decisions.
Profit dashboards, inventory software and other Amazon seller tools give you the data you need to plan for the future.
Which Amazon Tools Are the Best?
There is no such things as “the best Amazon tool” (even though every tool provider claims to have the best one), but there are tools out there that are best for YOU.
Not every tool is equally suitable for every Amazon seller.
If it makes sense to purchase a tool depends not only, but mainly, on these following factors:
- Number of sales
- Number of employees
- Time available
- Available budget
- Software that is already in use
- Growth targets
You also won’t need a multinational super exclusive tool designed for wholesalers if you sell one private label product on one marketplace only.
Or, if you already have some tools in use, the only tools useful are the ones that are compatible with the ones you already have.
If you already have software for inventory management and want to buy another logistics tool that needs access to your inventory information, the two tools need to be able to exchange data.
You get the point.
However, there are some things that you should look for when getting an Amazon Seller Tool:
Amazon Seller Tools Need to Be TOS Compliant
The absolutely most important requirement of any tool is that it is compliant with Amazon’s terms of service. Don’t use software that is based on black hat methods.
Amazon’s algorithms are so advanced and its compliance staff so well trained that they can immediately detect any fraud attempt.
Your listing – or worse, your account – will be suspended faster than you can say TOS.
Amazon Seller Tools Should Be Easy to Use
Another important aspect is that you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to use the tool. Using the software should feel intuitive, it should be clearly and well structured.
This includes a clear dashboard and a simple interface design. In addition, the various features should be designed and described to be easy to understand.
Amazon Seller Tool Provider Should Offer Fast Support
A tool is only as good as the support behind it. Software applications can have bugs.Therefore it is incredibly important to have a support team available to help you solve your problem quickly.
What characterizes a good support is that it can be reached easily and in a number of different ways. A telephone number or at least online chat support should definitely be available.
And of course competence is also an important factor. The support should be able to offer you a fast, efficient solution to your problem. This requires that the team has extensive experience with the software, knows your operating system etc. so they can tell you quickly what to do.
In addition to providing direct problem support, the software vendor should also provide comprehensive help in the form of videos, written guides, and even webinars. This way you can get the best out of your FBA tool, find your way around quickly and can find answers to many questions on your own.
Amazon Seller Tools Should Be Updated Frequently
A further quality characteristic is the regular updating of the software.
This includes the continuous improvement of (data) security, adjustments to new laws or rule changes by Amazon and the overall improvement of the software.
Good software providers do everything they can to constantly gather user feedback in order to make the software as user-friendly as possible.
APIs to Other Tools Are a Plus
As mentioned above, a good Amazon seller software is also compatible with other software.
This means that the developers consider that it is useful to make the data from their software accessible to other apps and vice versa.
How Much Do Seller Tools Cost?
The price usually varies depending on the tool.
- Basic Features – There is cheap software that also smaller sellers can afford. These tools primarily fulfill one purpose, without many extras.
- Expensive Tools – Then there are also expensive Amazon tools. These are more extensive, have more features and mostly more integrations to other software.
- Free Tools – There are even free tools. Some providers also allow you to use the basic features for free, such as the keyword search function. However, these are usually only available to a limited extent, either in terms of data accuracy, frequency of use or duration.
The good news is that in most cases you don’t have to invest a lot of money in software without knowing if it’s the right fit for you. Almost all tool providers allow you a free or very cheap trial period to test the software.
In addition, there are usually different packages available, like Basic, Pro and Premium, which come at different prices.
Checklist: How to Find the Best Amazon Seller Tool for Your Business
1. Define What You Need
In the first step, think about for which tasks and processes you need tools. What can be automated? In which areas does it make sense to automate?
Write it down. It makes sense to prioritize according to
- what is essential for your business (accounting software, payment provider, tax tools etc)
- what can relieve you of the things that steal the most of your time (repricing, performance analytics)
- what can make other things easier for you (multichannel management tools, reimbursement software)
2. Research & Compare
Now you can search and compare. On Sermondo, you’ll find the best seller tools sorted by category.
In each listing, you can see in which languages the tool is available, for which marketplace it is suitable, where the company is located and so on. You can also see demos and screenshots of the interface and decide whether it is appealing or not.
You can also fill out a matching form with your software criteria. Sermondo will then find the perfect tool for you.
3. Test the Tool of Your Choice
As mentioned above, most tool providers allow you to test their software first. Usually these test periods range from 5 days over two weeks to one month, sometimes it may also be longer. Once you have found a tool you like, test it before committing to a purchase.
4. Compare Pricing Plans
Now that you’re sure that you’ve found the right tool for your needs, compare the pricing packages available. Often, the longer you commit to the usage of the tool, the lower the price.
5. Get a Discount Code
At Sermondo some tool providers also provide an exclusive discount code, with which you can get the software much cheaper.
Promotional days or weeks are also a great way to get a tool.
For example, there are huge discounts on software during Black Friday, sometimes up to 70% off.
So make sure you always check for discount codes before you buy a tool. Visit Sermondo or enter “tool name + discount” in Google.After a quick search you will usually find what you are looking for.
Conclusion: Amazon Seller Tools Can Help You Become More Successful on Amazon
Amazon Seller Tools are a great way to automate workflows, get more time for really important things and be more productive. There are many different types of tools out there, but you definitely don’t need all of them.
Just try them out and see which really bring value to your Amazon business!